Move & Groove Bars
12 Servings, 45 Minutes
1 Cup Cassava Flour ( I like Bob's Red Mill)
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
2 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed (Make into flax eggs by adding 5 tbsp room temperature water and letting sit for 10 minutes to thicken)
1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1/2 Cup Cassava Flour
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 1/2 Cups Prunes
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1. Soak prunes in filtered water (to cover) for 4 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Line an 8x8 baking dish with unbleached parchment paper.
3. Drain soaked prunes, reserving 1/2 cup of soaking water.
4. Pulse prunes, reserved water, chia seeds and lemon juice in a food processor until it forms a thick paste.
5. Clean the food processor. Prep the base layer of the bars by pulsing the following ingredients: 1 cup cassava flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 6 tbsp coconut oil, 3 tbsp maple syrup and 2 prepared flax eggs (see note in ingredient list).
6. Once the mixture forms a crumbly dough, press the mixture into the base of the baking dish so that a flat, even layer forms.
7. Spread prune mixture on-top of the base layer.
8. Make the top layer by pulsing 1/2 cup cassava flour, 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, 2 tbsp maple syrup and 1/4 cup coconut oil in the food processor.
9. Once this forms a crumbly mixture, loosely sprinkle it on-top of the prune layer.
10. Bake the dish for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for at-least one hour before serving so that it has time to firm up (if you serve this too soon, it will crumble!)
Registered Holistic Nutrition